Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome Owen Ryan







It was a bumby road, but we are happy to announce that our newest addition Owen Ryan is here. He was born on September 4th, almost 5 weeks early. I went into the hospital Wednesday night with bad stomach pain. I started having contractions a couple hours later. He was born by c-section the next day at 6:14 pm. He was in the NICU for respiratory distress. (This is very common for early babies and c-section babies.) After a couple days of not getting any better they did a spinal tap which revieled that he had meningitis. So, to make a very long story and hard couple of weeks waiting for a dozen antibiotics to work, he finally came home on September 21st. Here are some pictures of the experience we had. We couldn't be happier to have him well and home!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

awww he's so sweet! I bet you are so happy to have him home! Keep the pictures coming! I hope you get some sleep!

Susannah said...

Welcome to the family Owen! thanks for posting pictures and the update we had heard he was early and were all wondering how both of you were doing. Glad he was able to come home. Lots of love
Susananh

Brandi said...

Wow, I am so slow!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for your sweet little family!! He's adorable and I'm so glad that he's healthy and every one is home and happy! I can't wait to see more pictures!!

Congrats!!!! :D